CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Entry #2

Please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you. Why is this passage meaningful? Please type it into one of your entries and comment on what you think about the passage.

“ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL. BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.” Page 81
When I first read this quote, I was surprised at how strong and powerful it was. I just kept on repeating the quote in my head. This was the first quote that made me want feel really impressed at the writer. This quote was meaningful to me because it talks about equality. I was always curious why people don't treat other ethnics equally. This quote explains why. Different ethnics believe that other ethnics are not as equal as them.

This quote was meaningful in the book for one reason. The reason is because this quote was one of the seven commandments, initially being “ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL.” The pigs have added a detail to this commandment to justify their actions of the following: pigs carrying whips, pigs installing a telephone, pigs wearing clothes, and pigs standing with two feet. There was a sudden change in the book after this. The animals' hope was to become equal with the human beings. But after this quote you can tell what is going to happen after the pigs start editing the seven commandments. The pigs would be the only ones that are equal with the humans. When I first read this quote, I felt really sorry for the other animals. The reason was because some animals being more “equal” means that some animals are more important than other animals. This breaks the law of equality. This quote, therefore, tells me that equality was not achieved at the end even through the hard labors and rebellion against human beings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read this passage, I didn't understand what it meant. The part "more equal" made me think what in the world George Orwell meant when some animals are more equal than others. This was an example of the greediness of the pigs, like you said in this post. I felt really sorry for the other animals who had to work for the pigs.