CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Entry #5


Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? Or disturbing? Or memorable? Describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.

There was one setting in the novel that I found beautiful. It was the farm. I chose the farm for two reasons.

I chose the farm as a beautiful setting because of three reasons. When I think about a farm, I think of hills, dogs chasing each other, and animals. I mentioned hills because when I was young I always rolled down them and had a very nice time. I wrote dogs chasing each other because it reminds me of how happy life can be. When dogs chase each other, I always tend to think that they have no worries. The third thing I mentioned was animals. I mentioned animals because I love to play with animals. If there weren't animals in a farm I don't think it would have been as beautiful as it is.

My second and last reason I chose the farm was because it seemed peaceful. I think if I go to a farm, I forget everything that happened that day. It is just so peaceful to lie down on a hill and look at the animals. It is also just so refreshing to lie down on the hills and sleep with a weak but cool breeze. Just going to a farm is peaceful because you are away from everything else. There is nothing to bother you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that everyone who read this book will say their most memorable setting will be the farm. It is probably because the farm was the ONLY setting that most of the story took place in. I agree with you that the farm was beautiful and peace in some ways. However, I also think that the farm was disturbing for me. The happenings in the farm caused by pigs weren't always pleasant.
But, I totally agree with your idea.

Charlie. J. Shin said...

I hate you Peter...

Anyway, I liked farm as a setting for this novel, because this farm in the novel was not very peaceful and beautiful. And farm was the only setting that this story takes place in. I am sure that farm is beautiful with their animals running and playing. However, in this novel, this farm was not always a happy place. Some animals have died, fought with humans and pigs became leaders.
But I do love farms and animals!

Nice job Peter, but still I hate you.