CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? Describe these settings and comment on why they are meaningful to you.

Yes there is one setting for each category.

The setting in the novel that was found to be beautiful to me was space. As Ender goes to battle school, he goes through space. I think space would be wonderful. There is barely any pollution. You can see galaxies, stars, and other planets clearly and lively. You can even see the planet that you live on. Earth. Space is meaningful to me because it is the only place where it will be silent. You are away from everything else.
The setting that was disturbing was the planet of the buggers. Just imagining a lot of aliens living on a planet would be disgusting and nasty. The imagination of buggers surrounding the planet would be extremely scary. Imagine yourself in a place that is black with spots of light and you are surrounded by a lot of weird looking creatures. Creatures that want to kill you. Creatures that tried to destroy your planet. This setting is not at all meaningful to me. Who would think a place where you enemies are as meaningful?

The setting that was most memorable to me was just like the beautiful setting. Space. The reasons are the same. Space is the only place where you can see galaxies, stars, and other planets clearly. You can even see the place where you live. Earth. Space is meaningful to me just like I said above. It is silent and you are away from everything else. Away from your worries and everything that was a bad influence to you.

1 comments:

Yae Chan Lee said...

I like how you chose a general setting for your most memorable setting. Space, is actually the setting of the whole book. lol.
I, too, sometimes feel like going out on space and having a time on my own. Fall into my own thoughts. Because life is, as you said, too messed up.