CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Who are the main characters in the novel? Do you like them? Why or why not? What is special about them? What do they reveal about the universal human experience?

The main characters in the novel are Ender, Peter, and Valentine.

Through those four people I only like two. The first person is Ender. I like Ender because he is brave and courageous. He never gives up. He is everything I want to be. He's strong, fast, and smart. If I had those three things I wouldn't be in the state I am right now. The one thing special about Ender is that he loved someone from a young age. He loved his sister. Ender reveals that life can be hard but you need perseverance. Ender's life was a real nightmare. During his young age, he couldn't do anything like other young people. At his young age, he had to go to battle school. He was separated from his family. He couldn't go to amusement parks and other things with his parents. His birthday wasn't even celebrated. Even though Ender's life was like this he never gave up. He kept on going. He did everything he was asked to do and survived. He made it to the end and destroyed the buggers.

My second and last person I like is Valentine. The first reason I like her is because she is caring. She really cares about her young brother Ender. She always protected him, especially from their dangerous brother Peter. She also helped Ender indirectly. If she came out of his dream or when he thought of her he felt relieved. After hearing Ender cannot return to earth she became a colonist with Ender and they moved to a bugger planet. The second and last reason I like her is because she is smart. She is smart enough to make incredible thoughts and confuse adults. Her own father thought her writing was incredible. One thing special about Valentine is that she is the only one that cares about Ender in her family. Her parents don't even think about Ender and her brother only wants to hurt Ender. Valentine reveals that in the world there are people that care about you. In the story Ender thought that no one cared about him. He was wrong. Valentine always cared about him. Just like this example, there is someone no matter what caring about you. That person is God. God cares for everybody in this world.
The one and only person I hate after I read the book is Peter. My first reason is because he doesn't care about Ender. All he ever does is torture Ender. My second reason is that Peter has only one dream. Power. Throughout the story the only thing Peter was trying to get was power. He wanted to take over the world. He also wanted power in his family so he bullied his sister and brother. My third reason is because Peter is selfish. Just like above, all he wanted is Power. He didn't care about anything else. My last reason that I hate Peter is because he is violent. He always threatens Ender. When they play a game, he tries to kill him. One thing special about Peter is that he never gives up. His dream was to have control of earth, and he did. He became the Hegemon, which is the leader of the world. He also became the Hegemon at a young age too. He worked hard for this spot and he got it. He never gave up during the approach to his goal. Peter reveals that there are people who want to hurt you. I came to this conclusion because Peter always wanted to hurt Ender. If he had the chance he would always fight with him and threaten him. Later in the story, after Peter became the Hegemon, He wanted to use Ender as a weapon. He wanted to control him.

0 comments: